Adult Orthodontics: A Complete Guide to Adult Teeth Alignment
Dr. Rahul Vashishth Offers Comprehensive Treatment at DentXperts. Crooked teeth in adults (or kids of any age) make them conscious of their smile and can have negative impact on their overall personality. Further, it leads to problems like food pockets, bleeding gums, decayed teeth and unpleasant appearance. Orthodontics (or Teeth Alignment) is the healthiest and most natural way to get straight, healthy and optimally functioning teeth in children of all ages. With advancement in materials and technologies, treatment has become easy, comfortable for kids in a reduced treatment time frame.
Contrary to popular belief, orthodontics is not just cosmetic improvement but it also prevents future jaw joint dysfunctions, food pockets in crowded teeth and creates a perfect harmony between pleasing esthetics and optimal functioning mechanics. At DentXperts, we offer orthodontic correction for all ages with a wide variety of braces and clear aligners to choose from.
Key Advantages of Orthodontic Correction
Advantages of Orthodontic correction are same as Kids orthodontics with an added advantage of prevention of any future problems due to crowded teeth as has been seen commonly in adults.
- Simple, Predictable, Convenient & Comfortable: Alignment problems in teeth can be completely corrected in a predictable, comfortable and safe manner.
- Improvement in Oral hygiene: If teeth are not aligned properly, food pockets tend to form in crowded areas leading to difficulty in maintaining oral hygiene. This is easily corrected by orthodontic correction and regular brushing habits.
- Healthy oral tissues: Orthodontic treatment leads to better and healthy oral tissues by alleviating all teeth and gum related alignment problems.
- Balanced jaw function: With correct alignment of teeth, function of jaws in also improved leading to better efficiency and life of jaws.
- Smile design with natural teeth: The biggest advantage with orthodontic correction is achieving the smile design and improvement with minimal artificial crowns or veneers unlike other modalities which involve invasive crown preparations and prosthetic work.
What to Expect?
- Positive Correction of teeth function: A perfect smile best suited to you can be achieved with correction of alignment problems leading to improvement in esthetics and functioning.
- Lifestyle changes: Some minor adjustments and lifestyle changes are required in first few days. You may need to eat foods that are soft to prevent breaking of brackets or leaving stains on your teeth. Cleaning of teeth would require additional minute in your daily schedule especially in early phase.
- Mild initial discomfort during adjusting phase: As mouth and oral tissues are very sensitive, it usually takes few days to get used to new braces. Eating soft foods and taking few simple precautions helps in preventing initial discomfort or irritation to teeth or gums till one gets used to the braces.
- Natural, Stable & Optimal results: Orthodontic correction being precise, customized & planned treatment, results are stable and effective. Further, it involves aligning the natural teeth and minimal use of artificial prosthetic work, thus making maintenance in long run easy and long lasting.